The organizational structure of CTD helps us break the daunting design and production work into a handful of more discrete tasks. This flexibility also makes it easy to volunteer for whatever aspect of design and production you might find appealing. (*wink wink*)
The committees are coordinated by a President, who in a year’s term manages communication with CCCC organizations and sponsors and oversees the rest of the game. To ensure a smooth transfer of knowledge and experience, the President is supported by a Vice President, who rotates into the position at the end of the President’s term.
Most of the hard work, though, is farmed out to one of four permanent Committees:
- The Game Design committee spearheads the development of quests and game mechanics that promote the game’s mission of playful and thoughtful engagement.
- The Onsite committee coordinates logistical needs for the game, including our social media presence on Twitter (@csthedaygame) and Facebook.
- The Prizes committee – creators of the mighty Sparklepony – craft prizes and coordinate with game winners.
- The Graphic Design committee is responsible for the CTD website and the design & production of the CTD Trading Cards.
The Executive Committee – consisting of the President, Vice President, past President, Committee chairs, and whoever else wants to show up – meets via Skype most Sundays.
2014-5 Executive Committee:
- President: Scott Reed
- Vice President: Mary Karcher
- Game Design committee chair: Wendi Sierra
- Prizes committee chair: Mary Karcher
- Graphic Design committee chair: Emi Bunner